A Westminster education encourages students to:
- Respond personally to the gift of salvation;
- Develop a biblical value system that guides decision making;
- Develop individuality and self-acceptance based on God’s grace and truth alone;
- Accept and appreciate all people as God’s image-bearers;
- Recognize, embrace, and participate in the interpersonal relationships within the community;
- Develop basic competencies and applicable skills in theology, sciences, physical education, humanities, foreign languages, and practical and fine arts;
- Become life-long learners;
- Participate in cocurricular activities with tenacity, poise, and perspective;
- Participate in inter-disciplinary activities, recognize the interrelatedness of the disciplines, and synthesize the disciplines for themselves;
- Seek God’s plan for their lives and follow God’s leading in education, career choices, and lifestyle;
- Demonstrate responsible stewardship of time, talents, and resources;
- Respect and enjoy God’s creation;
- Influence our culture, as redemptive agents in a fallen world, by applying God’s standard of truth and grace.
We believe that God is the creator and sustainer of all things and that Jesus Christ is the only redeemer of our fallen world. As a covenantal school, we are committed, in partnership with home and church, to provide a quality education based on these truths.
We believe that our curriculum provides an academically diverse student body with knowledge in the traditional liberal arts and the skills and wisdom to apply that knowledge. Teachers are committed to designing and employing creative teaching strategies to meet this goal.
Our Educational Perspective
We believe that a complete education transforms knowledge into practical action. The development and application of Christian character, through leadership training, community service, co-curricular programs, and the building of relationships are essential outgrowths of our educational perspective.
We believe that trust, respect, and open communication are the foundation for the school program and the community atmosphere. We expect staff and students to exemplify biblical standards in their attitudes and lifestyles and to take personal responsibility for the growth and development of others.