- Follow the drop-off procedures.
- Use the RIGHT lane to drop off students.
- DO NOT cut into the right lane in front of the building.
- The first car in line must drive to and stop at the main entrance.
- The following cars should stop closely behind those in front.
- Do NOT stop at the Middle School entrance unless the lane is full in front of you.
- Once students exit the vehicle, drivers may merge into the left lane to exit.
- Do not drop off students from the left lane.
- Avoid lengthy stops in the drop-off lane.
Longer student drop-offs (i.e. student permit drivers, those unloading multiple items) should utilize the visitor parking spots. All others must use the drop-off lane, not the parking lot.
- Do not drop your student off in the parking lot.
It only takes an extra 30 seconds to use the drop-off lanes and ensure our students’ safety.
- Follow the pick-up procedures.
- Use both lanes all of the way through the pick-up zone.
- Utilize all available right-lane curb space in the pick-up zone to allow students to enter the vehicle. The pick-up zone stretches from staff parking to the soccer field. See diagram below.
- Park in the parking lot if your student is not ready to leave when you arrive OR if the right lane is completely full.
- Do not pick up students from the left lane.
- Be cautious.
Heed directions to proceed or stop at crosswalks. Drive slowly through the carpool lanes in front of the building, and use caution when merging.
- Stay off the phone.
Never use cellphones while driving on campus. This exposes drivers and pedestrians to unnecessary risks. Our students are walking through the lot and crossing the drive.
- Avoid peak times.
Carpool is busiest from 7:40–7:50 a.m. If you arrive before 7:40 a.m., your wait time will be minimal.
- View the parking and traffic diagrams.
View the parking and traffic diagrams to familiarize yourself with the Westminster parking lot and traffic flow.