Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I register?
Registration is now open for summer 2023!
- Can I register for camp on the day camp begins?
No, registration will close at 11:59 p.m. on May 26.
- Is there a discount for registering early?
Yes! A 10% early bird discount will be offered to those who register on or before March 31. The discount applies to all camps.
- What if the camp I'm interested in is already full?
To check if a camp still has availability in real time, please start the registration process and proceed to the camp selection page. Any camp listed in red with an hourglass symbol is full.
If your child’s camp of choice is full, you can request to be placed on a waitlist. Campers are listed on the waiting list in the order in which they register.
Parents are welcome to provide a second choice camp in case their child(ren) doesn’t get into the waitlisted camp.
- I need full-day care. If I sign up for a morning camp, what are my options for the afternoon?
You may sign up for any afternoon camp offered for your child’s age group that same week.
- My child can only attend camp on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Will you adjust the camp price?
We are unable to adjust the price of a camp for part-time attendance.
- What do you offer in terms of Extended Care?
In Extended Care, counselors supervise and engage campers in both quiet and active games, depending on their energy level and interests. We have stations with puzzles, board games, coloring, and Legos. We also have space to play kickball, basketball games, and jump rope.
Before care begins at 7:30 a.m. and aftercare ends promptly at 5:30 p.m. Aftercare includes a snack!
Before care: $30 for the week
After care: $50 for the week
Before & After care bundle: $70/week
- At this time, I don’t know if I will need Extended Care. Can I sign up for this at a later date?
Yes. You may add Extended Care to your student’s registration at a later date. However, to guarantee that space is available, you must sign up for Extended Care at least one week before the camp session. If necessary, you may put your child in Extended Care for one morning or afternoon, as space allows. Please email us if you are planning to have your child enrolled in After Care. Advance notice will help us plan accordingly for after camp childcare. We charge $10 per session, per day.
- Do you offer lunch?
Only full-day campers will attend lunch (11:45 a.m.–12:30 p.m.), and lunch must be brought from home. Campers will keep their lunch with them until after the morning session and will be responsible for any containers brought from home. We will not provide food, but campers will still receive popsicles during the day.
Because some of our campers have severe nut allergies, we ask that all campers refrain from bringing lunch items that contain nuts.
- My child has allergies. How can I notify you about that?
The online registration program includes a medical form. Before your child can attend camp, the form must be completed. The purpose of this form is to provide emergency contacts, medical information, and additional information you would like us to know about your child.
- Is Camp Westminster nut-free?
While Westminster is not a nut-free campus, Camp Westminster aims to be nut-free in the following ways:
- We ask that parents who choose to pack their children’s lunches keep them free of nut products.
- The camp snack is popsicles; if the individual camps serve any other food, we require that it be nut-free.
- The lunches prepared by the camp caterer Hollyberry do not contain nuts.
However, some of the pre-packaged and pre-prepared food may contain (or have come into contact with equipment associated with products containing) nuts.
- Do you have a camp nurse?
Yes. We will have a registered nurse who is CPR-certified on duty from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. The nurse will have access to the medical information you have provided for your child.