Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking a Lead Groundskeeper to join our facilities department. Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational school, Westminster Christian Academy provides a comprehensive college preparatory program for 950 students in grades 7 through 12. The school is located in suburban St. Louis County, Missouri, on a 70-acre campus, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Westminster Christian Academy honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
- Supervise the maintenance and care of the Westminster Christian Academy campus and its amenities, specifically:
- The care of all trees, shrubbery, plants, and grassed and paved areas.
- The maintenance of all athletic facilities
- The safe operation, maintenance, and instruction of the usage of various lawn care and grounds equipment
- The operation and maintenance of the site irrigations systems
- Snow and ice removal
- Outdoor policing and trash disposal
- Supervising the grounds crew when aiding the facilities director in school event setups
- Aiding the Head of Finance & Operations in managing the parking for school events
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or plant science & 2 years of experience in the green industry, OR Associate’s degree & 5 years of experience
- A clear testimony of a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ
- Membership or faithful attendance at an approved Protestant church congregation
- Ability to safely operate and instruct in the safe use of grounds equipment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership skills with ability to encourage and motivate a team
- Basic computer skills and aptitude
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri