Learn how Westminster Christian Academy can become your new home away from home. Discover, connect, and apply today through our Virtual Admissions Center.
Head Wrestling Coach
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking a head wrestling coach with the passion, gifts, and experience to develop a Christ-honoring, vibrant, and highly competitive program. We desire candidates who seek to:
- Foster spiritual leadership and moral character
- Promote positive team and personal relationships
- Develop the talents and skills of the athletes
- Inspire students to join the program
- Promote Westminster’s Athletic Pillars*
- Reflect good communication and organization
This is a stipend position that will be paid according to the Westminster athletic stipend schedule. The official wrestling season begins on November 1, 2020, but this position will require summer and off-season work prior to the official start date.
Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational school, Westminster Christian Academy provides a comprehensive college preparatory program for 975 students in grades 7 through 12. The school is located in suburban St. Louis County, Missouri, on a 70-acre campus, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Westminster honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
- Promote spiritual growth in athletes through strong spiritual leadership
- Cast and implement a vision which creates a 7-12 program that is attractive to student-athletes and families
- Develop strong, meaningful relationships with athletes and families
- Recruit and retain wrestling athletes in the school
- Plan and execute organized and efficient daily practice plans
- Manage all aspects of the wrestling program including but not limited to equipment, inventory, budget, eligibility paperwork, and non-coaching personnel
- Communicate with families on a regular basis regarding schedule and logistics
- Work effectively with parents on programs such as senior day and end of season banquet
- Mature and growing faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Fulfillment of MSHSAA coaching requirements
- Wrestling coaching experience; previous head coaching experience a plus
- Strong ability to teach wrestling skills to both advanced and beginning wrestlers