Temporary Graphic Designer / Communications Specialist
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking a Temporary Graphic Designer / Communications Specialist to serve on the Communications Team for the duration of 3 months. This is a temporary position that will begin on August 7, 2017. The Graphic Designer will work 40 hours per week onsite in the Communications office.
- Serve as a member of the Communications Team, co-leading projects from concept to completion for a variety of constituents and departments in the school with a vision for effective and innovative communication strategies
- Serve as Graphic Designer for print and digital communication pieces including brochures, postcards, posters, letterhead, programs and event signage, advertisements, web elements, etc.
- Develop design concepts that meet the objectives of the school and effectively promote Westminster’s brand.
- Take photographs for use in publications, print materials, and web.
- Post to social media accounts, assist with the development and implementation of social media strategy, and monitor activity to promote and advance Westminster.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, or other media-related field
- Several years of experience in design-related field
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, limitations of the web, user interface design, and best practices in graphic design
- Print and web design capabilities; must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Strong proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Strong proficiency in photography using a DSLR camera
- Experience or familiarity with the following platforms, software, and applications: social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), WordPress, email marketing platforms like Mailchimp, Flickr, and Google Drive
- The ability to multitask on numerous projects and campaigns
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to build rapport with students, teachers, and other WCA constituents, as necessary
To be considered, please complete our Employment Application and send three samples of your work to Meghan Goessling.