Standardized Dress Consignment Sale
This event will provide families the opportunity to sell and purchase gently used standardized dress items in preparation for the upcoming school year.
If your students have outgrown their clothing, please consider participating in our consignment sale. We offer two options:
- Donate your gently used items, the proceeds from which will go to Westminster.
- Sell your items through our sale.
- You will receive 90% of the proceeds from your items (Westminster retains 10% to offset the costs of the sale).
- We ask that all articles of clothing be on hangers with an itemized list and tagged according to the guidelines.
- Any items found without tags, hangers, or an itemized list will be considered a donation.
**Parents of graduating seniors who are donating clothing can drop uniforms off at the Welcome Desk anytime. All other parents (donating or selling) must drop off on the specified dates below. Proceeds from the sale may be picked up at your convenience on Wednesday, August 9, 12-6 p.m.
2017 Drop-Off Dates (room A115)
Monday, June 12, 4-8 p.m.
More about the Standardized Dress Consignment Sale
Monday, June 26, 4-8 p.m.
Monday, July 17, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Monday, July 31, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 4-8 p.m.
Tuesday, August 1, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
How to Prepare Items for Sale
- Print out Tags and Itemization List forms.
- Use colored paper, if possible, to print your tags; this is helpful in the sorting process.
- Launder used clothing, and do a spot check for stains. We cannot sell stained items.
- Fill out the Itemization List to be turned in with your items; keep a copy for your records.
- Your Seller ID# will be the last four digits of your cell phone number followed by your last initial.
- Pricing Guidelines based on last year’s sales:
- Polos $5 · Oxfords $8 · Skirts $12-$20 · Pants $10-$15 · Shorts $10-$12 · Sweatshirts $8 · Fleeces $8 · Sweaters $8
- Please indicate on each tag if you would like to discount your items the last two days of the sale, by 50% of your original price, by circling Y or N by “Reduction.” If not marked, we will assume no discount is to be offered.
- Attach completed tags to the garments with SAFETY PINS (no stick pins or tape) on the upper right-hand side above the Westminster logo for shirts and on the right side waistband for bottoms.
- Hang shirts on wire hangers with the opening facing left.
- There is no need to hang bottoms.
- Please be aware that some clothing items sell better than others. Skirts and boys shorts/pants are the best sellers.
- Drop off items in room A115 on a drop off date.
- No drop-offs will be accepted during the sale. Any items received during the sale will be donated to Ditto.
- To help defer the cost of hosting this event, a 90/10 split will be applied to each sale, with the sellers retaining 90% of the sale amount and the school retaining 10%.
- We will accept checks and cash for purchases. No IOUs will be issued.
- No holds on items for later pick-up/payment.
- Sellers should pick up their unsold items and their proceeds on Wednesday, August 9. Any items unclaimed after this date will be donated to Ditto.
- We are unable to receive Spirit Wear for resale.
- Inventory will be kept in a locked room between sale dates.
- The Standardized Dress Consignment Sale will take place in the 7th Grade Commons. If you are available to volunteer, email JoAnne Brands.