Part-time Social Media Specialist & Photographer
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking a Part-time Social Media Specialist & Photographer to join our Communications team.
Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational school, Westminster Christian Academy provides a comprehensive college preparatory program for 975 students in grades 7 through 12. The school is located in suburban St. Louis County, Missouri, on a 70-acre campus, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Westminster Christian Academy honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
The Social Media Specialist & Photographer is responsible for upholding and advancing the mission and vision of Westminster Christian Academy by providing assistance of the school’s ongoing communication strategies, specializing in social media and photography. This is part-time position; 20 scheduled hours per week.
- Serve as a member of the Communications team
- Assist with development of the school’s social media strategy
- Implement social media strategy and manage accounts on a day-to-day basis
- Develop, implement, and manage paid social media campaigns
- Serve as the main photographer for Communications team; photo assignments include classes, programs, school events, and Camp Westminster
- Assist with maintaining and updating the school’s website
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience managing professional social media accounts
- Proficient in reading and analyzing social media analytics
- Strong photography skills and familiarity with a range of technical equipment, including cameras, lenses, and lighting
- A strong portfolio demonstrating photography experience
- Experience editing photos in Lightroom and/or Photoshop
- Must be available some evenings and weekends to photograph school events
- Experience with WordPress, MailChimp, Keynote, and Flickr a plus
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- High proficiency at completing projects independently, efficiently, and on time
- Design experience using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator a plus
- Videography experience a plus, or interest in growing filming/editing skills
To be considered, please complete our Employment Application. Please send a link to your photography portfolio and 3–5 examples of social media work to Meghan Goessling.