Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking a part-time Controller to manage the day-to-day, month-end, and year-end financial reporting and accounting tasks. This is a part-time, 12-month position; approximately 24 hours per week.
Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational school, Westminster Christian Academy provides a comprehensive college preparatory program for 975 students in grades 7 through 12. The school is located in suburban St. Louis County, Missouri, on a 70-acre campus, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Westminster Christian Academy honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
- Supervise and guide the Accounting and Bookstore staff in all functional areas.
- Oversee the daily accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, bookstore, and café
- Prepare and review journal entries, and review semi-monthly payroll and invoices.
- Complete the monthly close, including account and sub-ledger reconciliations.
- Prepare month-end and year-end financial statements, account reconciliation/analysis, and budget versus actual analysis.
- Coordinate the financial audit, retirement audit and worker’s compensation audit, as well as required tax filings.
- Determine annual staffing and benefit budgets, and perform financial analyses as needed.
- Complete financial surveys for member organizations and regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting required; Master of Accountancy and/or CPA preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks.
- Experience with payroll processing required; ADP experience preferred.
- Must be well organized with good multi-tasking abilities.
- Detail-oriented with ability to still see the big picture.
- Strong technical aptitude; ability to quickly learn and navigate new systems.
- Strong and proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal need for supervision or direction.
To be considered, please complete our Employment Application.