Middle School Dance Camp Leader
Camp Westminster is looking for an experienced dancer (or dance coach) to choreograph and lead a group of middle school dancers of varied experience level. Job responsibilities include:
- Choreograph dance for an end-of-week performance for parents
- Teach dance techniques and offer coaching to both beginner and more experienced dancers
- Submit requests for supplies (if necessary) by mid-May
- Supervise campers, ensure their safety, and follow the camp timeline
- Lead counselors (or counselors-in-training) to facilitate camp and befriend campers
- Incorporate age-appropriate team-building activities (or conversations) that help campers build character and life skills
- Help campers make friends and get comfortable quickly; help them to feel part of the group
- Anticipate problems before they happen (socially, behaviorally, and logistically)
- Recognize the sick, sad, or self-conscious child without them saying anything—and take appropriate steps
Week: June 17–21, afternoon
To apply, please complete our Employment Application.
Description of Middle School Dance
Grades 6–8 (Girls)
Budding dancers will learn techniques through dance-related games, as well as leadership and teamwork skills that they will benefit from in all areas of life. Dancers will learn an age-appropriate dance routine and will perform for family and friends.