In The Spirit Of Giving (ITSOG) is an opportunity for the Westminster community to come together, share the love of Christ, and live out our faith by practicing generous giving.
Westminster’s Service Leadership Team has been working hard to organize this year’s ITSOG Week! The team is excited to emphasize the school’s theme of UNITY this year. They are challenging the community to unify around a school-wide goal of 33,000 items for the week.
View the ITSOG shopping list. Please do not bring any items that are not included on the list.
MONDAY – FOOD
• Loaves and Fishes: gravy, cranberry sauce, fried onions, cream of mushroom, marshmallows, brown sugar, green beans, sweet potatoes, stuffing mix, mixed corn, trail mix, Poptarts, Jello, cookies, sloppy joes
• Weekend On Wheels: pasta, tuna, chicken, peanut butter, cereal, oatmeal, ramen, mac & cheese, tomatoes, beans, jelly, soup, applesauce, popcorn
TUESDAY – TOYS & BOOKS
• Friends of Kids with Cancer: Baby dolls, play food, Play-doh, Barbies, Legos, play toy sets, Hot Wheels, walkie-talkies, non-stuffed animal toys, model car kits, doodling items, books
• Carver Elementary: books (pre k–5th grade), gift cards (Target, Walmart, etc.)
WEDNESDAY – BABY ITEMS
• Sunshine Ministries: diapers (baby & adult), bath towels, hand towels, washcloths
• Diaper Bank: All sizes of hypoallergenic diapers (Honest, 7th Generation, etc.), Disposable training pants (2T, 3T, 4T), wipes, diaper cream
• Thrive: baby laundry detergent, newborn mittens, new children’s clothing (newborn –2T), new shoes (newborn–2T), children’s socks and tights, bottles and sippy cups, baby kits (with thermometers, nail clippers, etc.)
THURSDAY – PJs and WINTER WEAR
• New City Exchange: winter hats, jackets, gloves, sweatshirts, sweatpants, coats, scarves
• One Heart Ministries: new pajamas (18 months–XXL adult)
• Sunshine Ministries: women’s and children’s underwear
FRIDAY – SCHOOL SUPPLIES
• Freedom School: copy paper (white and colored), glue sticks, sidewalk chalk, dry erase markers, AA and AAA batteries, kid headphones, playground balls, large and medium binder clips, zipper pencil pouches with three-ring holes, plastic pencil boxes, paintbrushes, washable paints, disinfecting wipes, colored card stock, sharpies, backpacks
EVERY DAY – OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD BOXES & USED SOFTBALL/BASEBALL EQUIPMENT
• Operation Christmas Child: Bring a box filled with essential items and toys for specific age groups. You must only include items listed on the following link. You may also pick up a box in the Student Life Office, the front desk of the Grand Entry, or the upper and middle school offices.
• Eternal Pastime Ministries: used sports equipment
Learn more about the agencies we’re supporting this year.
“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be.” –Deuteronomy 15:7-8