Head of Spiritual Development
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking a Head of Spiritual Development. We seek individuals who are driven by excellence, care deeply about their students, and are willing to develop healthy, nurturing relationships in and outside the classroom. If you believe Westminster might be the place for you, we want to hear from you!
Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational school, Westminster Christian Academy provides a comprehensive college preparatory program for 975 students in grades 7 through 12. The school is located in suburban St. Louis County, Missouri, on a 70-acre campus, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Westminster Christian Academy honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
- Manage the planning and implementation of Westminster’s chapel program
- Develop methods and programs for the discipleship of students, staff, and coaches, and educate the school community, including parents, in an effort to aid in the spiritual nurturing of students
- Collaborate with the Guidance & Counseling department in addressing students’ emotional and spiritual concerns and struggles
- Assist new teachers by directing them in Westminster’s approach and expectations in student discipleship
- Teach Bible or other class(es), as needed
- A mature Christian with a positive track record of effective Christian service, and above reproach in character and reputation
- Strong understanding of and commitment to Reformed Theology as reflected in the Westminster Confession of Faith
- Member, in good standing, of a local reformed church
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to connect well with students, staff, parents, and the school community
- Demonstrated, effective teaching gifts
- An innovative thinker with excellent communication skills
To be considered, please complete our Employment Application.