Tennis Camp Leader
Camp Westminster is looking for an experienced coach to serve as a camp leader for our Tennis camps.
- Plan drills, games exercises in accordance with the class description below.
- Supervise campers, ensure their safety, and follow the camp timeline
- Be on your feet and/or actively engaged with campers
- Incorporate age-appropriate activities (or conversations) that help campers build character and life skills
- Help campers make friends and get comfortable quickly; help them to feel part of the group
- Anticipate problems before they happen (socially, behaviorally, and logistically)
Compensation: $750 per session.
Week 1: June 1-5, Tennis Beginner (AM), Tennis Advanced (PM)
Week 2: June 8-12, Tennis Beginner (PM)
Week 3: June 15-19, Tennis Beginner (AM)
Week 4: June 22-26, Tennis Advanced (AM)
Tennis Camp Description
Grades 3-8 (Boys and Girls)
Warm up your forehand and backhand! The Beginner session will focus on the most basic tennis skills and is for players who are unable to sustain a rally by hitting the ball back and forth. The Intermediate/Advanced sessions are for players who would like to fine-tune groundstrokes, serves, volleys, and singles and doubles strategies and/or compete in organized competitive matchplay. Each participant should bring his or her own racket, tennis shoes, and water bottle.