Middle School English Teacher
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking a Middle School English Teacher for the 2020-21 school year. We seek individuals who are driven by excellence, care deeply about their students, and are willing to develop healthy, nurturing relationships in and outside the classroom. If you believe Westminster might be the place for you, we want to hear from you!
Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational school, Westminster Christian Academy provides a comprehensive college preparatory program for 950 students in grades 7 through 12. The school is located in suburban St. Louis County, Missouri, on a 70-acre campus, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Westminster Christian Academy honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or English Education
- A clear testimony of a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ
- Membership or faithful attendance at an approved Protestant church congregation
- Strong professional or collegiate references
- Expertise in the integration of faith and learning
- Strong classroom management skills
- Teaching certification in English and experience in secondary school setting preferred
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri