Long-term Middle School English Substitute Teacher
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking a long-term Middle School English Substitute Teacher. Westminster honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
This is a full-time temporary position that will tentatively begin on January 6, 2020 and extend through early April. In addition to teaching responsibilities, the long-term substitute will also serve as a member of the 8th grade team, which entails acting as an Academic Advisory and monitoring and working with students during Connect Class. The long-term sub will also attend parent/teacher conferences and other Middle School related events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, English or related field
- Middle School English Teaching experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to parents and faculty
- Strong leadership skills with a passion for students
- Strong and proven verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, and attention to detail