St. Louis and St. Louis County government officials have announced a mandatory 30 day “Stay at Home” order aimed at preventing further spread of the COVID-19 virus. The order is in effect through April 22. Based on these announcements, Westminster's online learning program will extend through April 22 while the campus is closed. For more information, please visit this page. Current families, please check Veracross to access past communications and online learning resources.
Head of Institutional Advancement
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking a Head of Institutional Advancement. This position serves as a member of the senior leadership team, responsible for direct leadership of the school, with special responsibility for the development and execution of long-term Advancement efforts. This role provides leadership in support of the school’s overall mission, strategic plan and organizational development.
Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational school, Westminster Christian Academy provides a comprehensive college preparatory program for 975 students in grades 7 through 12. The school is located in suburban St. Louis County, Missouri, on a 70-acre campus, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Westminster Christian Academy honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- A clear testimony of a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ
- Membership or faithful attendance at an approved Protestant church congregation
- Demonstrates the qualities of a mature Christian who has lived a life consistent with biblical teaching and above reproach
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years experience involving direct solicitation of prospects
- Experience managing a team of both professionals and volunteers
- Proven ability to secure support at various levels
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Independent, motivated self-starter
- Develop, implement and execute a comprehensive fundraising program including annual, capital and planned giving components
- Identify prospective donors for both annual and major gifts throughout the local community and beyond
- Manage and lead Advancement Department staff in all functions and fundraising efforts
- Maintain relationships with a portfolio of major donors, cultivating them toward meaningful support of the school
- Coordinate Head of School and Head of School emeritus with the maintenance and cultivation of donor relationships
- Plan and oversee annual fundraising events
- Assist in the development and execution of alumni engagement strategies to promote involvement and eventual support of alma mater
- Provide oversight to parent programming, including Parents Advancing Westminster, Class Activities and other parent efforts
- Maintain a visible presence in the school community by attending major school events in order to engage prospects and donors and build upon relationships
- Oversee Advancement subcommittee of the Westminster Board of Directors and attend board meetings
- Attend weekly senior administrative team meetings
- Develop and administer the annual budget for the Advancement department
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic plans
- Coordinate with Marketing & Communications team to develop and refine the branding strategy for advancement
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri