St. Louis and St. Louis County government officials have announced a mandatory 30 day “Stay at Home” order aimed at preventing further spread of the COVID-19 virus. The order is in effect through April 22. Based on these announcements, Westminster's online learning program will extend through April 22 while the campus is closed.
Boys Swim & Dive Head Coach
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking a Head Boys Swim and Dive Coach for the 2020-21 school year. Ideal candidates will possess strengths in the areas of relationship building, communication, organization, and technical expertise. Previous head coaching experience is a plus but not required.
This is a stipend position that will be paid according to the Westminster athletic stipend schedule. Possible full-time employment at Westminster is based on a separate interview process and dependent upon job openings within the school. The official swim season begins on August 10, 2020 and runs through the state championships in November.
Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational school, Westminster Christian Academy provides a comprehensive college preparatory program for 975 students in grades 7 through 12. The school is located in suburban St. Louis County, Missouri, on a 70-acre campus, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Westminster honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
- Promoting spiritual growth in the swim athletes with a defined Spiritual Development plan
- Creating a culture in the swim program consistent with the Westminster Athletic Ten Pillars
- Developing relationships with swim athletes and parents
- Working with the athletic office on scheduling and other administrative tasks
- Managing assistant swim coaches and overseeing all levels of the program
- Planning and executing practice plans and schedules
- Working with the middle school swim program to develop a 7-12 model
- Communicating a vision for the advancement of the swim program
- Passion and plan for developing athletes athletically, morally, and spiritually
- Fulfillment of MSHSAA coaching requirements
- Swim coaching experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to athletes, parents, and coaches
- Strong leadership skills with a passion for athletes
- Strong and proven verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and implement daily practice plans
- Strong desire to develop and implement a vision for a successful swim program
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri