Director of Camp Westminster
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking a Director of Camp Westminster. This is a part-time position during the months of August through May (10–20 hours), and a full-time position during the month of June. Applicants should be available for training starting in January 2019 through June 2019, and to start the director role in fall 2019.
Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational school, Westminster Christian Academy provides a comprehensive college preparatory program for 1,015 students in grades 7 through 12. The school is located in suburban St. Louis County, Missouri, on a 70-acre campus, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Westminster honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate Camp Westminster each year.
- Determine summer camp offerings and build the new schedule.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, and plan training for camp assistant, instructors, counselors, counselors-in-training, lunch supervisors, before and after care workers, communications intern, and all other camp staff.
- Meet with potential school partners (CSASL, feeder schools, etc.) to facilitate camp interest.
- Utilize CampMinder system to open registration and manage enrollment.
- Prepare and process all essential camp forms, camp staff paperwork, and submit staff payroll to Human Resources.
- Build promotional plan with communications team and oversee promotional materials for registration launch.
- Facilitate all parent communications, respond to parent inquiries, and resolve issues that arise.
- Manage camp set up on campus, including working with facilities and IT for specific setup requests.
- Greet campers, engage in prospective parent interaction, and build relationships with families.
- Plan, organize, and supervise camp opening routines.
- Take morning attendance and visit each camp to assist camp leaders throughout the day.
- Supervise the AM/PM camp transition and lunch coordination with HollyBerry.
- Manage emergency situations and camper discipline, as needed.
- Plan and execute closing ceremonies.
- Review previous year’s camp and create improvement plan for the next year.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational leadership skills.
- Strong technical aptitude; ability to quickly learn and navigate new systems.
- Proficiency with Excel, Google Documents, and data management systems.
- Energetic, outgoing, pleasant demeanor.
- Camp experience strongly preferred.
To be considered, please complete our Employment Application.