Assistant Head of Institutional Advancement
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking an Assistant Head of Institutional Advancement to join our Advancement team. This position is a full-time, 12-month role.
Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational school, Westminster Christian Academy provides a comprehensive college preparatory program for 1,015 students in grades 7 through 12. The school is located in suburban St. Louis County, Missouri, on a 70-acre campus, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
Westminster honors Jesus Christ by providing an excellent education, rooted in biblical truth as interpreted by the Westminster Confession of Faith, for the children of Christian parents. Faculty and staff enable students to discover and embrace a biblical view of the world and integrate that view into every area of life.
- Develop and execute an annual plan for the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts prospects.
- Identify and cultivate prospects who can make significant gifts, both outright and deferred, throughout the local community and beyond.
- Maintain relationships with a portfolio of major donors, cultivating them toward meaningful support of the school.
- Facilitate personal visits and meetings with prospects and donors.
- Engage others, such as the head of school and other key personnel, as appropriate, in building and advancing relationships with prospects.
- Initiate and oversee the advancement team planned giving efforts.
- Maintain records of interactions, tracking stages of relationship building leading to solicitations.
- Participate in review sessions, reporting updates, and committee meetings to set strategy for institutional advancement success.
- Create individualized plans to acknowledge donor support.
- Interface regularly with other school offices including alumni relations, parent relations, admissions, finance,
communications, and others.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of three years’ experience involving direct solicitation of prospects.
- Proven ability to secure support at the major gifts level.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Independent, self-starter.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with excellent multitasking abilities.
- Strong technical aptitude; ability to quickly learn and navigate new systems.
To be considered, please complete our Employment Application.