Assistant Athletic Director
Westminster Christian Academy is currently seeking an Assistant Athletic Director to join our Athletics Department. The Assistant Athletic Director will work alongside the Interim Athletic Director to manage the school’s athletic program for grades 7-12. This is a 10-month position.
- Assist in the supervision and evaluation of the Westminster athletic program for all students in grades 7-12
- Manage the recruitment, appointment, training, supervision, and evaluation of the Westminster coaching staff
- Prepare and evaluate guidelines and procedures that will ensure the efficient operation and management of the athletic department
- Communicate Westminster’s philosophy regarding a Christian athletic program to students, coaches, parents, and the community
- Communicate schedules, schedule changes, meeting times, and other pertinent information to coaches, players, and parents.
- Plan and manage seasonal events such as awards dinners, college signings, team photos, athlete recognitions, etc.
- Stay informed of MSHSAA coaching certifications, rules testing, and regulations, ensuring compliance; enter all rosters into MSHSAA and Axiom
- Provide for the cleanliness, good order, and efficient scheduling of the gymnasiums, pool, locker rooms, and outdoor athletic facilities
- Ensure proper maintenance, storage, and working condition of all athletic equipment and ensure emergency equipment is present at all games and practices
- Oversee the implementation of awards and recognition programs
- Provide timely game reports and statistics to local newspapers and/or news outlets
- Prepare and administer annual budget and allocate funds accordingly to the various needs of the athletic department
- Master’s degree in Athletic Administration preferred
- Experience in the education field
- Experience and success in growing a high school athletic program
- Proven ability to motivate coaches and student athletes
- Experience in budgeting and financial management
- Proven organizational and management skills
- Excellent people skills with ability to build and maintain relationships
- Creative, energetic, and innovative servant leader
To apply, please complete our Coach Application.