Take a look. Why Westminster?
We hope you will visit our campus and meet some of our faculty, students, and parents. We think you’ll discover that Westminster is a distinctly Christian school full of world-class opportunities in academics, athletics, and the arts.
Founded in 1976 as an independent, coeducational Christian day school, Westminster provides a comprehensive college preparatory program developing competence in Bible, English, fine arts, world language, history, mathematics, physical education, science, and business and communications.
Westminster serves students in grades 7-12 during a two-semester calendar. It is located in Town & Country, 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis. The school serves students from the St. Louis metropolitan area and western Illinois.
School Profile 2018–19
Read more about Westminster
- 973 students
- 710 Upper School (grades 9-12)
- 263 Middle School (grades 7-8)
- 52% girls and 48% boys
- 19.2% students of color
- National Merit (Class of 2017): 2 National Merit Scholars / 5 Commended Scholars
Westminster currently enrolls students from 198 churches:
- Reformed Presbyterian – 27%
- Non-denominational – 29%
- Evangelical Free – 4%
- Baptist – 7%
- Lutheran – 10%
- Catholic – 9%
- Other denominations – 14%
Class of 2017
- 98% college placement (43% private / 53% public)
- Four-year college – 96%
- Two-year college – 2%
- Missions/work/military – 2%
- ACT Data – average score: 26.1 / average of top 25%: 33.9
- 86 full-time / 12 part-time
- 69% hold advanced degrees (includes 9 doctorates)
- Average teacher experience – 12 years
- Average class size – 17.3
- Faculty/student ratio – 1:11.2
- 20% of the student body receives need-based financial aid
- $1.5 million was awarded in financial aid for the 2017-18 school year
Accreditation & Membership
Westminster is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS).
The school is a member of The College Board, Independent Schools of St. Louis (ISSL), and Christian Schools Association of St. Louis (CSASL).